Increasing the Success of Rural and Agricultural Professionals
The American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (ASFMRA) South Dakota Chapter provides education, training, and professional support to its local members.
To become a member, apply at ASFMRA.org.
Dates To Remember
|Jun 8||West River Breakfast Meeting||Rapid City|
|Jun 13||Fishing Social||Webster|
|Jun 14||Spring Board Meeting||Webster|
|Jun 13-16||SD Assessor Conference||Sioux Falls|
|Jun 16||East River Breakfast Meeting||Sioux Falls|
|Jul 12-22||Education Week||Omaha, NE|
|Aug 10||West River Breakfast Meeting||Rapid City|
|Aug 18||East River Breakfast Meeting||Sioux Falls|
|Oct 2-4||Yellow Book||Deadwood|
|Oct 4-5||Board Meeting||Deadwood|
|Oct 5||West River Breakfast Meeting||Rapid City|
|Oct 20||East River Breakfast Meeting||Sioux Falls|
|Nov 10-17||ASFMRA Annual Conference||Nashville, TN|
One $1,000 scholarship is available for a South Dakota State University sophomore or junior undergraduate student with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA, and currently pursuing a minor in Land Valuation and Rural Real Estate.
Additional preferences include a student who,
- Participates in the university-sponsored club: Society of Finance, Insurance & Real Estate
- Is active in the Real Estate and Land Valuation Affinity Group activities including annual networking event
- Participates in the Ness School Career Fair
- Can articulate an interest in rural appraisal, agricultural consulting, or farm management professions
- Is currently a resident of South Dakota who can demonstrate financial need
Please contact Ryan McKnight with SDSU for more information.